Friday, December 10, 2010

1-On-1 With vandydave

Who is vandydave in real life?

I am a shepherd in the Kansas City area. Went to Duke for grad school, thus why I chose Durham for my HBD team.

Is there some reason you hate pitching?

Heh, in actuality I hate fielding. I like pitching, just nowhere near as much as hitting. More specifically, I like slugging.

Do you develop "man-crushes" on your HBD players?

The only HBD players I've ever really developed man-crushes on are the ones who eventually spurn me for free-agency despite my desire to re-sign them, especially in the Shtickless world, Eugene Weston and Wiki Armas. I want to be wanted.

What's the most under-appreciated player rating and why?

I'm not much into nuances, contributes to my general mediocrity in HBD. I do wish they'd depreciate how much health and stamina inflate overall ratings.

Favorite moment of your HBD career?

My one and only championship, in Aaron World. I'm good at getting to the playoffs, bad at winning once I'm there, normally due to a lack of ace starting pitchers.

F, Marry or Kill:
a) Angelina Joile, Jennifer Connelly, Marissa Miller
b) Sarah Palin, Nancy Pelosi, Oprah
c) cbriese, mbriese, robusk

A) I like everyone but Jolie
B) no use for any of these people
C) If I had a life raft with three extra spots I'd probably let mbriese have one spot then I'd stretch out and take a nap. Or maybe I'd let cbriese have a spot, then veto that decision and kick him out anyway.

If you could change one thing about HBD, what would it be and why?

HBD is the best of WIS games, that said the maddening inconsistency of players from season to season should be reigned in a bit. I appreciate that HBD needs variability, but there should be some generally identifiable causation when players really suck or excel for no apparent reason.

No comments: